We entered the New Moon on September 25th, and so it is time to collect the ingredients to introduce the Pumpkin Moon Cocktail! The upcoming full moon occurs on October 9th. Hopefully this gives interested mixologists enough time to collect the ingredients.
Pumpkin Moon Cocktail
- Heat-safe mug or glass
- 1 ½ – 2 oz Hendrick's Lunar Gin add more gin for stronger aromatic experience
- ¾ oz pumpkin syrup
- ½ lemon
- 4-8 oz hot water NOT boiled
- 1 slice lemon for garnish
- Add lemon, syrup & gin to mug
- Top with hot water
- Stir until well mixed
- Garnish with lemon slice
- Mix 1-part water, 1-part brown sugar, ½ part pumpkin puree in a pot over medium heat until dissolved.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then let cool.
- Shake before use; will be slightly chunkier than usual simple syrups.
Shall I let you in on a little secret? I’m not a huge pumpkin spice fan. At least when it comes to the manufactured stuff that pops up all over the place. It doesn’t quite hit like a pumpkin pie does. But I do love a good pumpkin flavor!
I really wanted to see if I could create a nice pumpkin flavored cocktail without relying on the spices. I’m super pleased with this turn out and I cannot wait to sip on this cocktail through all the autumn nights.
Hot Toddy for the Pumpkin Moon?
There’s just something about the autumn season that makes me crave a nice hot beverage. Even if it is still 90° outside. However, the nights are much cooler, at least in my neck of the woods. It makes me want to sit outside and enjoy the stars with a nice warm mug between my hands.
Will you be giving the pumpkin moon cocktail a try? Be sure to tell me what your thoughts on it!
2 responses to “Pumpkin Moon Cocktail”
Yum! This one sounds really amazing.
It’s so delightful and perfect around a firepit or snuggled up with your favorite blanket!