Curl up with Andrew Noles’ collection of short stories with his “Thirteen Tales for Halloween” to set the mood for your October reading days.
As a mom, I have not been making the time to sit and get lost in a good book. As such, I’ve really been gravitating towards short stories that are quick and easy to digest. These short story collections allow me to jump around and read what might match my mood for a short reprieve.
In case you are unfamiliar, the author of this series is part of a duo that run the blog, Your Best Halloween Ever. I’ve had the pleasure of virtually hosting Andrew and Devin for Halloween before and I encourage you to check them out. To summarize their blog, it is filled with DIY projects, costume inspirations, food and cocktail recipes and, as you may have guessed, short stories!
Now, with years worth of archives, Andrew had created enough short stories to compile into two books. On account of this, you can preview these stories before purchasing your own copies. A win-win in my book!
Are these Thirteen Tales family friendly?
In truth, I am still making it through all of these tales to give an overall assessment. However, from the ones I have read, I would say, “absolutely”! Perhaps they are a smidge wordy to read to very little ones, but I would say that if your children enjoy Ray Bradbury’s “The Halloween Tree” or William Joyce’s Guardians of Childhood books, Andrew’s “Thirteen Tales for Halloween” will become a family favorite.
Without a doubt, these stories are short and sweet (some quite literally!). In fact, they are perfect for kicking off a weekend of Halloween fun or snuggling in your favorite book nook with each weekday evening before bed.
Win a “Thirteen Tales for Halloween” book set
Love the idea of having 26 different short stories to choose from throughout October? As it so happens, I have a set of both “Thirteen Tales for Halloween” and “Thirteen More Tales for Halloween” to give away! In addition, an autographed bookmark by the author will also be included.
The rules are simple:
- Participants must reside within the United States.
- You must leave a comment on this post to enter. Tell me what your favoirte Halloween short story is. Be sure to use an email you check frequently when leaving your comment.
- Only one entry per commenter. Repeat comments will not count towards multiple entries.
- You must leave a comment by 11:59pm Pacific Time on Sunday, October 15th to enter into the giveaway. Comments entered after this time will not qualify.
- I will select one comment at random during my Instagram Live on October 18th. Commenters do NOT need to join the live to claim their prize.
- The winning commenter will be contacted through the provided email upon conclusion of my Instagram Live.
I wish everyone luck and look forward to hearing what your favorite Halloween short story is!
Follow Along on the Countdown!
Check out all the awesome crypt keepers helping you count down to Halloween this year!